Days Since Injury: 29
Second full week back running. This week the plan was to run 2 easy 3 milers, with a 5 mile “long run” on the weekend. Huge improvements this week!! By Saturday, when I ran the 5 miler, I wasn’t even aware of my left Achilles. I continued to ice after each run, but there was no noticeable swelling. Back at home after a week away for Spring Break, I was able to go to the gym. Spinning, Elliptical, and Power Yoga all supplemented my running. I continued core work and leg-strengthening exercises. NO crepitus (creaking) at all yesterday or today!!
- Monday – Spin Class (45 min). High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) trashed my quads, but was a great test of stamina.
- Tuesday – Power Yoga (60 min) followed by 3 miles on the treadmill (7:47 min/mi). The goal of the treadmill running was to keep my heart rate in check. Managed to average in the 150s, which for me is an easy pace.
- Wednesday – Legs & Abs. Reached failure. Legs especially hurt all day (in a good way)
- Thursday – 3.5 mile run (8:13 pace), 5.5 miles on the elliptical (7:30 pace). Legs still recovering from strength training
- Friday – total rest
- Saturday – 5.25 mile run (7:20 pace). Fast & hard. No issues at all with my Achilles, but my right glute is still giving me problems.
- Sunday – Legs & Abs, Power Yoga.
Plan for this week:
I’d like to continue to build mileage. Since I haven’t had any issues with the 5 mile distance, I plan to run 40-45 minutes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a long run of 7-8 miles on Sunday morning. I’ll also do at least one spin class and a couple of sessions on the Elliptical. I’d like to add one more strength workout with emphasis on the Gluteal muscles.